Cologne-Kicker Dejan Ljubicic: "This is a new situation for me"

In the summer of 2021, Dejan Ljubicic moved from Sk Rapid Vienna to 1st FC Cologne and quickly established itself as a regular player. As a defensive midfielder knew the 24-year-old to convince, but now he is placed on coach Steffen Baumgart offensive - mostly on the right wing.

"I have to say it's not my top services," said Ljubicic opposite the Kicker. On the new position, it is currently not working as well as in the fall. "There must be more of me. But I got used to it," the Austrian said.

In the previous eight mandatory games in the new year, LJubicic first posted four StartTelf missions and has been replaced four times. He justified this circumstance with his sloping form: "If I see how I played in autumn, it's already a difference."

3 Reasons Why Your Cologne Game Is Trash (and how to improve it)

Articles and videos about the topic * The Bundesliga Fridays and Sundays exclusively live on Dazn - Register now!

At the SK Rapid, the midfield engine in the past was indispensable. "This is a new situation for me. I was at Rapid's absolute regular player and made every game. This is part of the process. If you do not play. And if you come back, giving full throttle and convincing the coach," showed Ljubicic optimistic. On Sunday, the derby is against Leverkusen on the program for Cologne.

Comments

Popular Posts